Young men wonder if they have what it takes. Middle age men question if they’re making a difference in the world. And old men worry about the noteworthiness of their legacy and leaving their mark.
At Lord of Life, you can discover the true meaning of biblical manhood through Band of Brothers, a unique men’s ministry. Designed to challenge and build up men to be men after God’s heart, Band of Brothers can help you positively impact your family, workplace and community by instilling male biblical values.
Band of Brothers regularly offers:
- IronMen Groups for men of all ages, married or single.
- Leawood group meets Saturday mornings from 7-8:15am in the church library. We are studying 1 & 2 Peter. We will begin a new study over the Parables of Jesus beginning May 20. Join us for fellowship, study and prayer. Discussion materials will be provided. Men of all ages are welcome! Contact Tom Stratman for more information at email@example.com or 913-515-6310.
- Olathe group meets Wednesday mornings at 6am at Panera (119th & Blackbob, Olathe, KS). This group is open to men of all ages, married or single. Our study topic is "Being God's Man in the Face of Temptation". Contact Michael Brucchaus for more information at 901-833-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overland Park group meets Wednesday mornings at 6am at Panera Bread (11022 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66210). This group is open to men of all ages, married or single. Our study topic is "Being God's Man by Understanding a Woman's Heart." Contact Pastor Burt for more information at 913-681-5167 or email.
- Missouri group meets on Wednesday mornings at 6am at the Burger King along the 71hwy and Main street in the Grandview area. 12921 South 71 Hwy, Gradview MO 64030. Contact Pastor Burt for more information at 913-681-5167 or email.
- More groups to be starting up around the Metro as the year goes on.
- Sunday morning classes for men (marriage, fatherhood, manhood principles)
- Men's Night Out are the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays from 8-10pm at various local restarurants. For more information contact David Przybylinski at 760-310-3706 or by email.
- Father/Son Campout The goal here is to help your son journey through rites of passage into manhood. We will help you map out a plan from 0-18 years of age to guide your son.
- Father/Daughter Dance (The goal here is to help men realize the importance of "dating” their daughter so that she knows she is the apple of her daddy’s eye, that dad is always there for her, who a man of God is and what to look for in a future spouse. The Father/Daughter Dance is Launchpad for this.
- August Colorado trip: Peak Challenge August 3-7, 2017 - Registration is closed (www.peakchallenge.net). Jump into an SUV with 3 of your buddies for a 5-day trip into the mountains! During the day you can do whatever you want in the great outdoors. Evenings are time under the big tent and around the campfire listening to leaders teach biblical manhood principles and then men sharing stories with each other to mutually sharpen and encourage each other.
- Accountability and friendship: We want you to know that you are not alone. That there is a place for you at the table. That no matter what has happened, God wants to rebuild you. That there are other men who have been where you are. And that they are here to help you find healing and become the man God intended for you to be. It’s never too late for this!
You are invited to attend any of our events. Join us in the journey!
If you have questions about our Men's Ministry, Band of Brothers, contact Pastor Burt by email.